To earn the associate of applied science degree (A.A.S.) from the University, a student must:
- Complete a minimum of 60 credits.
- Maintain a cumulative University of Providence grade point average of 2.00 or higher.
- Complete the associate of applied science degree Core Curriculum.
- Complete an area of specialization. All courses used to complete the specialization must have a grade of “C” or better.
- Complete at least twenty of the final thirty semester hours of coursework at the University of Providence.
- Complete a minimum of 40% or 15 credits of their major (whichever is greater) in residency at the University of Providence.
- Apply for graduation in accordance with the prescribed deadlines.
- Comply with all University policies, rules, and regulations.
- Pay all indebtedness to the University.
|Select one of the following:||2-3|
|PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE ETHICS|
OR SOCIAL SCIENCE COURSE
|ENG 117||WRITING ESSAYS 1||3|
|MTH 108||ELEMENTARY STATISTICS 2||3|
|EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE COURSE||4|
|Total Credits Required:||12-13|
UProvidence requires ENG 099 COLLEGE WRITING SKILLS for students with a score below the following: 17 on the English section of the ACT, a 520 on the Writing section of the SA. Transfer students with equivalent ENG 117 WRITING ESSAYS credit may be encouraged to repeat ENG 117 WRITING ESSAYS prior to enrolling in a 300+ level writing course.
UProvidence requires MTH 090 ELEMENTARY ALGEBRA for students with a score below the following: 18 on the Math section of the ACT, a 450 in the Math section of the SAT, unless the student has received a grade of B or higher in a high school Algebra class.
UProvidence requires MTH 095 INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA for students with a score below the following: 21 on the Math section of the ACT, 510 in the Math section of the SAT, unless the student has received a grade of B or higher in a high school Algebra class or Pre-calculus.