Challenge of Courses

Whenever students believe that they have mastered the subject of any course for which there is no CLEP test available, they may challenge that course with the permission of the appropriate faculty member. Students obtain a Challenge Form from the Registrar’s Office, pay the fee, which is 50% of the tuition rate, to Student Accounts, and submit the form to the faculty member. The coursework and/or examination will be determined and evaluated by the faculty member. If evidence submitted is satisfactory, a grade of “P” is submitted by the faculty member on the challenge form, and credit hours and a grade for the course are recorded on the student’s transcript. Students may not challenge a course that they have previously audited or taken for credit. Challenge course credits earned at other institutions will not be accepted as transfer credit at the University. Students planning to apply for graduate school or to transfer University of Providence credits to another college or university should obtain that institution’s policies regarding acceptance of challenge course credits.

UP-Color-Icon UP-Color-Vertical UP-WhiteonBlue-Horizontal UP-WhiteonBlue-Vertical Path 🎨 Color event Combined Shape Shape 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 color 🎨 color search icon copy 🎨 Color Upload 🎨 Color