Withdrawal from the University

Students who find it necessary to withdraw from the University must follow the official withdrawal procedure, beginning with submitting a Request for Withdrawal from Classes on the University webpage. A withdrawal is official when the properly completed and signed form is submitted to Registrar’s Office. The student’s official date of withdrawal will be recorded as the date the request for withdrawal was submitted. The final day for withdrawing from the University is listed on the Academic Calendar.

Students who leave the University without officially withdrawing may receive failing grades in those courses that they have stopped attending. Students who are required to withdraw from the University for disciplinary reasons (prior to the last day of classes for a given semester or term) will be administratively withdrawn and receive an WA grade for those courses in which they are enrolled.

By withdrawing from the University, the student terminates all relationships with the institution after his or her financial accounts have been cleared. As such, students must understand that a withdrawal is a permanent decision, unlike a temporary leave of absence. Students who withdraw from the University will need to re-apply should they wish to return and re-admission is not guaranteed.

UP-Color-Icon UP-Color-Vertical UP-WhiteonBlue-Horizontal UP-WhiteonBlue-Vertical Path 🎨 Color event Combined Shape Shape 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 Color 🎨 color 🎨 color search icon copy 🎨 Color Upload 🎨 Color